BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

::Surreal Illusion::


Ello bloggie~ ^^ Yeah, I've got absolutely nothing to crap about so instead, I shall bore you to death with this thingy. xD I got the image of an ethereal lady slowly unraveling in golden threads when I was in school. So I came home, sat down with Gin-kun, let my imagination run wild and voila~ Utter gibberish. x)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
With just a glance, anyone would have been captivated by this ethereal beauty. I was the same when I first saw her and even now I’m still mesmerized. She has long blonde hair, cascading down to her mid-back in shimmering waves of golden. Her face is soft with a gentle curve adorning her pale lips, high cheekbones and two pools of ocher that soothes and warms even the coldest hearts. Flawless skin complimented her as perfectly as the simple yet elegant white dress on her slender form.


Standing in a field of swaying flowers, her skin radiated a soft tawny hue from the sunset’s dying rays. My heart twisted and ached when those bright orbs slipped shut and a smile spread across her face. It echoed such melancholy and bittersweet happiness. Her musical voice, mirroring the resonating tinkling of wind chimes, whispered to me. But I turned a silent ear to her words. I refused to hear any of it for deep down in my heart I already knew what they were.


A stinging sensation pricked my eyes and I tore my gaze away from her to press them shut. Never again did I want to be told goodbye, especially not a farewell from the angel that lent me strength when I was crippled with pain. A melodious chuckle filled the air and my heart crumpled further. It hurt to think that this would be the last time I would hear it. I could feel her imploring me to meet her gaze, to have one final moment for us both to share. Tucking away the pleasant sound to memory, I steeled my nerves and faced her.


Everything I was, my soul, my being, shattered the instant I did. She had turned away from the sun, facing me now as the light haloes her form. Glassy with tears, her gaze was heart breaking whilst her tender poignant smile crushed me far worse than Hell ever could. Warm hands found mine, slender fingers lacing with my shaking ones. I couldn’t help it. What little resistance I had waned away as my walls disappeared into the summer wind. Salty drops of water trailed down my cheeks, cold fire against my skin.


I wanted to yell out, beg and plead for her to stay by my side, not for a day or a week, but forever until time ended. I yearned to tell her how much I love her, how I still desired to find out more about her, how I craved her presence and affection. But my voice had remained stubbornly silent. It was for the better. Those pleas needed time and we had none of that left. As the sun slowly dips past the horizon, I noticed her unraveling. The threads of her existence were slowly coming apart, disappearing in glimmers of radiance that paled in comparison to her light of existence.


My still hands now felt her slight tremors and I squeezed them tightly, offering silent shreds of comfort. She weakly smiled with gratitude but the tears still pooled behind her eyes like a misty haze. From the corner of my eye, I saw the flashes of light had steadily worked their way up, the firm threads tethering her to me unraveling more. My sorrowful gaze sweeps across her face, blinking the tears away to memorize each angelic feature of hers. The unraveling light was already past her waist, trailing up her thin arms.


I pushed that observation to the back of my mind, focusing solely on her. I ached to wrap my arms around her, to hold her just once more, but I didn’t for the pain would have been far too great. She must have sensed it for comfort filled the smile across her lips. Slowly, she spoke words that my numb mind tuned out. The light was now past her neck, locks of blonde that I admired now gone. The time has come. For a long time, I stood rooted to that very spot, staring blankly at my empty clasped hands.


She was gone. No longer would I have someone to pick me up when I fall, to hold me close when my world was collapsing, to light up my world with a smile and a murmur of my name. My knees buckled and I slumped to the floor, fingers digging into the ground with a fool’s hope of it stopping my world from spinning out of control. Then, a warm wind blew past and I felt it brush against my cheeks as though drying my tears. A voice whispered in my ear and I smiled bitterly when her final words gained a voice.

“I love you.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For where thou art, there is the world itself.
And where thou art not, desolation.

0 comments: